Now that the weather is getting colder, it’s time to start looking ahead to soup season. One of my family’s favorites is super easy veggie stew in the crock pot. We all have different tastes, so this is an easy way to make sure that the kids are eating their veggies but you can also add in an additional easy side like biscuits, grilled cheese, etc. This soup also freezes really well – especially in individual portions. The beauty of the recipe is that you can substitute any veggie that you may have on hand.
· ½ head of cabbage- chopped
· 1 small zucchini- sliced thick
· 1 small yellow squash- sliced thick
· 5 carrots- peeled and chopped
· 2 cups frozen corn
· 15 oz can red kidney beans- drained and rinsed
· 15 oz can northern beans- drained and rinsed
· 15 oz can baby lima beans-drained and rinsed
· 4 cloves garlic- minced
· 1 10¾ oz can of French Onion Soup
· 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
· 1 46 oz can tomato juice
· salt and pepper to taste.
Toss everything together in a 6 quart crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Recipe courtesy of recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-all-day-veggie-soup